Living My Way is a trusted Not-For-Profit organisation supporting people with disabilities to live a self-directed life. We take an individualised and holistic approach in empowering our Members to live as independently as they choose.
We are currently looking for genuine and passionate Support Workers who can assist our valued Members living in the Eastern Suburbs.
Our Members are looking for assistance with Community Access. So you must have your own vehicle and enjoy the outdoors!
You are reliable with a good work ethic. You pride yourself on providing personal care with dignity and respect. You have a bubbly and friendly personality, where you can easily establish and build rapport with people.
You understand the importance of providing individualised support within a home environment and always maintaining the utmost care for cleanliness and hygiene.
You will be available to work short shifts - Thursday's 10:00 am - 1:00 pm for a community shift and have your own vehicle.
About the Role:
You will ensure optimal comfort for our Member by assisting with activities of daily living as determined by the needs of their Individual Support Plan. These include but are not limited to:
- Supporting an individual with a disability
- Manual Handling
- Community access - Shopping assistance, Social support and appointments
- Light domestic tasks
- Meal preparation
- Engage and treat our Members with genuine dignity and respect
- Complete all relevant documentation and reporting as required
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Strong communication skills
- Completed NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Worker Orientation Module (access online: ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course)
- Experience working within the Disability Sector (desirable)
- Experience assisting a visually impaired person (preferable)
- Certificate III or IV in Individual Support or similar qualification (desirable)
- Competent IT Skills and a Smart phone
If you want to join an industry leader in providing high-quality person-centred disability support - Apply Now!
No agencies, please.