Living My Way is a trusted Not-For-Profit organisation supporting people with disabilities to live a self-directed life. We take an individualised and holistic approach to empowering our Members to live as independently as they choose.
We are currently looking for genuine and passionate Support Workers to join our team and care for our valued Members living in Southern Sydney and surrounding suburbs.
Anyone living locally with a background in disability support would be considered highly desirable, however, reliable and compassionate applicants with a genuine interest who are open to learning are encouraged to apply.
Living my way will also provide training and ongoing support. We have a number of shifts available (morning/afternoon/night) for both personal care and community access.
You are reliable with a good work ethic. You pride yourself on providing personal care with dignity and respect. You understand the importance of providing individualised support within a home environment and always maintaining the utmost care for cleanliness and hygiene.
About the Role:
You will ensure optimal comfort for our Member by assisting with activities of daily living and personal care as determined by the needs of their Individual Support Plan. These include but are not limited to:
- Provide high-quality care
- Provide person-centred support
- Personal care (showering, dressing, grooming or bowel care)
- Manual Handling (Hoist transfers)
- Community access - Shopping assistance, Social support and appointments
- Domestic tasks
- Meal preparation
- Engage and treat our Members with genuine dignity and respect
- Complete all relevant documentation and reporting as required
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- You must be fully vaccinated ( two full vaccines and one booster)
- Strong communication skills
- Completed NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Worker Orientation Module (access online: ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course)
- Experience working within the Disability Sector (desirable)
- Certificate III or IV in Individual Support or similar qualification (desirable)
- Competent IT Skills and a Smart phone (Schedule and Intranet requirements)
If you want to join an industry leader in providing high-quality person-centred disability support, please click Apply Now
No agencies, please.