Living My Way is a trusted Not-For-Profit organisation supporting people with disabilities to live a self-directed life. We take an individualised and holistic approach in empowering our Members to live as independently as they choose.
We are looking for a reliable and motivated Support Worker to join our team and care for our valued Members based in Oatley. Working within a tight-knit team, you will ensure optimal support for two sisters by assisting with activities of daily living as determined by the needs of their Individual Support Plan.
You are committed and reliable with good work ethic. You are patient and pride yourself on providing care with dignity and respect. If you play the guitar or piano this would be looked upon favourably as our Members really thrive and enjoy music!
About the Role:
Your availability and commitment to this role is essential!
We are seeking experienced candidates who would be available Wednesday's 9:00am - 4:00pm and alternate Sunday's. Additional shift when required to support the roster.
Your duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide personal and high-quality care
- Provide person-centred support
- Manual Handling
- Personal Care (including: toileting and personal hygiene assistance)
- Basic meal preparation
- Assistance with community access and recreational activities
- Engage and treat our Member with genuine dignity and respect
- Complete all relevant documentation and reporting as required
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
- NDIS Workers Screening Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Strong communication skills
- Completed NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Worker Orientation Module (access online: ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course)
- Experience working within the Disability Sector (desirable)
- Certificate III or IV in Individual Support or similar qualification (desirable)
- Competent IT Skills and a Smart phone (Schedule and Intranet requirements)
Living My Way is an Industry leader in high quality person-centred disability support, we offer a competitive hourly rate together with ongoing training and a supportive team.
If you are empathetic and looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others, please Apply Now!
No agencies please.