About the Role
Living My Way Support Workers provide quality care that caters to the individual support needs of our Members with a range of disabilities. The role involves engaging and communicating Living My Way's values to foster inclusion, choice and control in all aspects of our services:
- Provide high-quality care
- Provide person-centred support
- Personal care (showering, dressing, grooming or bowel care)
- Manual Handling (Hoist transfers)
- Community access - Shopping assistance, Social support and appointments
- Domestic tasks
- Meal preparation
- Engage and treat our Members with genuine dignity and respect
- Complete all relevant documentation and reporting as required
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- You must be fully vaccinated (including your booster)
- Strong communication skills
- Completed NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Worker Orientation Module (access online: ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course)
- Experience working within the Disability Sector (desirable)
- Certificate III or IV in Individual Support or similar qualification (desirable)
- Competent IT Skills and a Smart phone (Schedule and Intranet requirements)
Living My Way is a trusted Member based not for profit organisation with 30 years of supporting people with disabilities to live independently with choice and control. We have committed to delivering exceptional service standards and outcomes for our Members.
We are currently looking for genuine and passionate Living My Way Support Workers to join our growing team and care for our valued Members living in Southern Sydney and surrounding suburbs.
Anyone living locally with a background in disability support would be considered highly desirable, however, reliable and compassionate applicants with a genuine interest who are open to learning are encouraged to apply.
Living My Way also provides training and on-going support. We have a multitude of shifts available (morning / afternoon) for both personal care and community access.
Living My Way Employee Benefits
We support our Members to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. Living My Way have embedded an employee value proposition which includes:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supported professional growth & development
- Flexible Working Options
- Employee Recognition Program
If you want to join an industry leader in providing high quality person-centred disability support, please Apply Now!
No agencies please