Living My Way is a trusted Member based not for profit organisation with 30 years of supporting people with disabilities to live independently with choice and control. We have committed to delivering exceptional service standards and outcomes for our Members.
- Are you looking to achieve a purposeful, engaging and meaningful career in a not for profit sector and make a difference?
- Do you want to work for an organisation committed to its employees and offers many value added benefits?
- Do you want to work flexibility and be part of a great team who support and motivate each other?
If this is what you are looking for, please consider applying for this newly established Team Leader – Support Workers role below.
The Team Leader – Support Workers position is responsible for leading and mentoring through direct contact with a team of Disability Support Workers (casual and permanent part time) to provide quality support that caters to the individual support needs of people with a range of disabilities. This includes personal care and community assistance in a 1:1 setting of the members choice.
This role focuses on the delivery of Living My Way's values and service, ensuring best practice principles are followed. You will manage the team to success, fostering inclusion, choice and control in all aspects of our services.
The role requires you to work on a rotational basis, hours include 6:00am – 10pm Sunday through to Saturday. You will at times, be required to provide active support to a person with disability if required.
This role is based in the Sutherland Shire and you will be required to work flexibly in the office and in the community. When you come to the office you will be able to enjoy free undercover parking, a collaborative team culture, rostered days off and professional development. We have wellness programs, employee assistance programs and career progression opportunities.
Your Skills and Experience
You will have
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity within disability services
- An understanding of the NDIS
- Experience in working with clients with varied needs
- Previous experience in developing, planning and implementing Individual Lifestyle /Support Plans
- Qualification in Disability - minimum Cert IV in Community Services / Disability or equivalent - highly advantageous
- Strong administrative skills – reporting and rosters etc.
- Highly effective interpersonal communication, stakeholder engagement skills with demonstrated member focus, ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality, influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders.
Living My Way Employee Benefits
We have embedded an employee value proposition which includes:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Study Payments
- Wellbeing Programs
- Flexible Working Options
- Roster Day Off – per month
- Employee Recognition Program
- Team Celebrations
Living my Way is a medium sized not-for-profit organisation that truly invests in its people. We support our members to live their best life. That includes you, our employee.
If you are customer obsessed and user experience focused, this may be the role for you! Please apply now on the link below!
Living My Way is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and the members we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity, and abilities. Living My Way supports vaccination as the best way to keep our members, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.
Applications Close Wednesday 12th October.