If you or your loved one is living with a disability, the importance of a Support Worker cannot be understated. After all, your Support Worker’s role is to help you with your daily tasks to ensure that your health and well-being will be attended to, and help you get on with life – which is Living My Way’s vision and what we have been supporting our Members do for over 30 years since we were established in 1992 following a government trial that gave people with a disability more choice and control over how they receive their supports. This was a ground-breaking scheme at the time, long before the NDIS was implemented.
When choosing a Support Worker, you have the choice of employing your own or using a provider’s Support Worker. In this article, we will discuss the key differences between these two concepts to help you make the best decision.
Employing Your Own Support Worker
Employing your Support Worker allows you to choose the individual who will help you or your loved one with daily activities. One of the main benefits of doing so is being able to personally select a Support Worker who makes you feel comfortable and safe.
With Living My Way, you can freely choose and employ your own Support Worker while we provide the assistance to make sure this is as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
Here’s how we can help you:
- Recruitment and onboarding of Support Workers
- Processing of all necessary documents
- NDIS mandatory screening, including the police check
- Preparing employment contracts
- Payroll processing
- Payment of associated costs
- Completion of required reporting, including all ATO and superannuation requirements
- …other employer responsibilities
- HR & IR support and guidance
Hiring a Provider’s Support Worker
Another option for NDIS participants is to employ a provider’s Support Worker, where both the provider and the participant work together to ensure a Support Worker meets your requirements based on their experience, qualifications, and your personal preference. As such, the provider recommends the best suited Support Worker that will meet your needs.
Living My Way commits to providing qualified Support Workers based on a thorough understanding of your needs and requirements. Some of the benefits of having a provider choose a Support Worker for you are as follows:
- Ensuring your Support Worker is paid industry leading wages to attract and retain the best possible candidates suited to your needs
- Hiring of qualified Support Workers that undergo face to face training and assessments to ensure they have the skills and experience to support you and your needs;
- Having a focus on training and development to ensure your Support Workers keep their skills and understanding up to date
- Receiving assistance in managing administrative and compliance requirements, including NDIS worker screening checks.
- Take care of all the rostering and various compliance and regulatory requirements
ALSO READ: Key Differences between NDIS Plan Management and Self-Managed NDIS
Whether you prefer hiring your own Support Worker or having a provider select one for you, Living My Way offers a wide range of support services, providing you with optimal solutions for your needs and requirements. Please contact us today to learn more and discuss how we can help you.