Are you motivated and proactive? Are you interested in making a real difference in people’s lives? Then ‘Living My Way’ wants you to join our casual Support Worker Team!
Living My Way is a trusted Not-For-Profit organisation supporting people with disabilities to live a self-directed life. We take an individualised and holistic approach in empowering our Members to live as independently as they choose.
We are looking for resilient team players who will support individuals living with disabilities. Successful applicants will be pro-active, be passionate about supporting people self-confidence and have a willingness to engage Members with various backgrounds and needs.
You need to be a passionate, empathetic and caring Support Worker who demonstrates excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. Expected start date will be October 2020.
About the Role:
Your duties will include but not limit to:
- Support individuals with physical and/or intellectual disabilities
- Provide personal and high-quality care
- Provide person-centred support
- Varying levels of personal care
- Manual Handling
- Daily living assistance in the community
- Assisting individuals to and from community-based activities and appointments.
- Engage and treat our Members with genuine dignity and respect
- Complete all relevant documentation and reporting as required
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
- Current Criminal History Clearance (or willingness to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Strong communication skills
- Completed NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Worker Orientation Module (access online: ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course)
- Experience working within the Disability Sector (desirable)
- Certificate III or IV in Individual Support or similar qualification (desirable)
- Competent IT Skills and a Smart phone (Schedule and Intranet requirements)
If this sounds like the job for you, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.